The most effective way of exercising cockroach control is to Cockroaches are infamous for being unhygienic and spreading disease. They are linked to other health risks too. Being exposed to cockroaches could put you at risk of Salmonella, Dysentery & Gastro-enteritis. Cockroach droppings can lead to an increase in eczema asthma and have also been linked.
A quick response at the very first signs of a cockroach infestation is the best way to address cockroaches in and around your property. This will help to prevent the spread of this unhygienic pest within your home.
Cockroaches are able to breed quickly and their this means that a professional service is the best form of control. Only our recommended cockroach control products and tried and tested solutions are powerful enough to get rid of them.
When noticing a cockroach infestation, we recommend immediate action be taken to ensure a rapid solution be implemented to help eradicate this pest and maintain hygiene in the home.
Cockroaches are generally looking for food in your house. They will devour anything from fruit, meat, cardboard, plastics and clothing including leather.
We recommend rather looking for signs of cockroaches in your home rather than an actual live cockroach. These insects are nocturnal and usually hide in crevices during the day and become most active during the evening when the sun goes down.
Signs of a Cockroach Problem
Here are a few ways that you can recognise a cockroach infestation in your home or property. Professional treatment is always recommended.
- Cockroach excrement– cockroaches leave dark excrement or a dusty powder less than 1mm wide and of different lengths.
- Oily marks– have a look for any markings on surfaces and skirting boards where cockroaches more around. If there is a lot of moisture, cockroaches will give off brown and irregular oily marks on these surfaces.
- Shed scales– Keep a lookout for this in places you think they might be hiding. Cockroaches shed their scales numerous times as they grow.
- Decay– look out for particular signs of decay, not just on food items. Cockroaches will take a bite into any household goods including leather, cardboard and paper-based items.
- Strange odour– a cockroach infestation gives off an unpleasant musty smell that contaminates items they are exposed to.
- Observed cockroaches in bathrooms and kitchens– cockroaches need warmth and moisture and can be found around baths, showers, toilets and washing machines as well as kitchen areas. They are also great climbers, climbing smooth and slippery surfaces like glass & polished wood with ease; due to their sticky pads on their feet. Sometimes they can be observed after turning the kitchen light on when dark.
- Cockroaches in your pipes & drains– cockroaches can handle chilly, moist conditions and can also be found in drains or dark environments. They too can easily survive outside in areas such as rubbish bins and dumps. Although not the most agile creatures, they can easily climb brickwork.
Tips on Getting Rid of Cockroaches
Expert advice is one of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches on your property. Our expert services offer a long-term solution which will help to reduce a reinfestation through our tried and tested methods.
For restaurants or where food is being prepared, infestation poses a problematic threat of contamination and decay to items stored as well as brand reputation. Additionally, the hygene hazards associated with cockroaches are a major concern too.
Our Pest Works technicians are skilled, experienced professionals – they are certified, licensed applicators and are required to participate in regular training programs to maintain their expertise.
Our Service and Benefits:
- Frequent inspections– this might include inspections in the evening. Remember that cockroaches are nocturnal and evening-time inspections when the sun has gone down will show us their hiding areas around your home.
- Safe, targeted treatments– we will use non-toxic cockroach controlling products when working in your home, we will target the crevices where cockroaches hideaway. We use products such as a spray, baits traps or safely laid down powders to assist in getting rid of cockroaches in and around your property of the building.
- Specialist Advice– our advice and knowledge, is backed by our study on the habits of cockroach insects enabling Pest Works to give the best solution to your home.
- Suitable treatment times– our carefully executed treatments are provided at times which are suited to you to in order to minimise disruption to your home.
- Professional prevention advice– your local technician can provide expert prevention advice on how to proof your home and prevent a re-infestation.
- Long-term solutions– our expert technicians will arrange to follow up and re-apply control products to the identified cockroach hiding spots at specific intervals that will correspond with the hatching time of the cockroach eggs.
Cockroach Control: How to Prevent Cockroaches
Your home could be a perfect breeding spot for such cockroaches and have numerous ways that they can gain access through cracks, crevices, pipe and drains.
A highly effective method of cockroach control is decluttering and cleaning areas where cockroaches may frequent as often as possible. Dispose of any paper material, magazines, books that may be used as breeding grounds. Block off all easily accessible food, holes in piping and any access to shelter. These are some of the main factors that might attract them into your property.
Cockroaches are often found in bathrooms and kitchens. This can be prevented by removing crumbs as well as other bits food from collecting on countertops and other furniture.