How to get rid of pigeons and other birds
Pest birds can be a real problem for any business. Not only do they cause a mess, but they can also be a health hazard, and a little frightening. Pigeons are normally the worst culprits, especially in towns and cities. Bird removal in these cases is made more difficult by a number of factors:
- Pigeons’ natural food is grain and seeds but they adapt to urban areas by scavenging processed food – such as discarded takeaways and food waste – from dustbins.
- If they can find enough food pigeons breed the whole year-round, with an in the warmer seasons.
Bird removal tactics
The best way to get rid of pigeons and other birds for good is to remove their food sources, however, in busy urban areas, this is not always a practical solution.
Wondering how to get rid of pigeons and pest birds? If birds are causing a nuisance at your business premises there are a number of bird removal tactics that you can try:
- Removing access to nesting sites (for instance by putting barriers over window ledges) can be an effective bird deterrent.
- Keep any possible food sources well hidden.
- Make sure bin lids are secure and rubbish bags are not left in the open; gulls, especially, have sharp beaks that will make short work of bin bags.
Pigeon control treatments
Our avian specialists are experienced in how to get rid of pigeons and pest birds at your place of work, whatever the location. Using discreet, cost-effective methods of pest bird removal like bird proofing or netting, we can get rid of pigeons or gull problems without harming them.
Using bird spikes Pest Works can offer an immediate and effective solution to rid an area of pest bird species. Our bird spike systems are installed by our expert bird control technicians.
Benefits of our Bird Point Deterrents
- Discreet – bird point offers an effective and barely visible control method to keep your property in prime condition and protect your staff and clients.
- Materials guarantee– our bird proofing products are offered with a 3 to 5-year guarantee to help you enjoy peace of mind well into the future too.
- Cost-effective– this method offers long-term value bird control for your business, saving on cleaning and maintenance bills.
- Harmless & non-disruptive– this deterrent does not harm pest birds or disrupt your business.
Points can be fitted to most outside surfaces, preventing problems associated with birds landing on ledges and leaving unsightly, hazardous droppings.
(Note: Bird Spikes will not work on smaller birds)
Bird netting can provide an immediate, effective and discreet solution to rid an area of pest bird problems.
Our nets are designed to provide 100% exclusion of birds. They aim to eliminate birds from roosting and nesting in areas.
Each bird netting job is unique and our solutions can be customised to suit your bird control needs.
Benefits of Bird Nets
- Immediate solution – birds will be forced to move on to another location, preventing the damage they were causing to your property.
- Customisable– our bird specialists can custom install the netting to meet your property’s specifications.
- Cost-effective– nets offer long-term value bird control without harming the birds.
Optical Bird Scaring Device
Pest Works ‘Eagle Eye’ optical bird scaring device functions best in direct sunlight and can be powered by solar energy to offer effective bird control for your property.
This discreet method of managing bird problems is completely harmless to pest birds and will not disrupt your daily business operation.
How it Works
The ‘Eagle Eye’ optical bird scaring device works by reflecting light beams.
- The light bands – including the ultraviolet and infrared bands in the light spectrum – are reflected back to the bird, imitating the presence of a predator bird. Birds are disorientated and irritated by reflected light beams. This causes the bird to deviate and fly in another direction.
- It does not affect sitting birds but hinders the angle at which the bird comes into land at their destination.
This bird deterrent device is only suitable for specific sites with specific weather conditions.